13 Fun DIY Makeup Organizer Ideas For Proper Storage
It’s true what they say: a girl can never have too much makeup. Like me, most girls are becoming obsessed with a wide array of palettes. A makeup vanity is not a bad thing at all because it encourages us to be more creative. Besides, with all the beauty blogs, inventive products, and YouTube videos popping up, how can we resist? Scattered makeup no more. It’s time to reclaim your space! These awesome DIY makeup organizer ideas will save you space and trouble. Say goodbye to messy countertops and say hello to beautiful cosmetic organizer!
DIY Makeup Organizer For a Cleaner Space
1. Clean Brush Holder
Repurpose an old drawer or mason jar as a brush holder to prevent bacteria from contaminating your brushes. Of course, you still want to clean your brushes at least once a month (soap and water will do). I would suggest you use a transparent jar so you can immediately find what you’re looking for quickly. It saves you a great deal of time in the morning.
- Premium Acrylic Makeup Organizer Can Hold up To 30+ Make up brushes and 5+ Beauty Sponges
- Free White Pearls come along with this Acrylique Brush Holder
- Dust Proof Makeup Organizer and Easy to Clean
- Makeup Organizer Dimension : 22 x 8.5 x 21.5 cm/ 8.7 x 3.3 x 8.5 inch ( L x W x H )
- Ideal Birthday Gift Christmas Gift Wedding Registry Gift
2. Makeup Brush Organizer
Turn a sushi holder into a DIY makeup brush organizer by adding elastic to hold the makeup brushes. Do you love sushi just as much as you like makeup? If your answer is yes, then I’m sure you have a sushi bamboo roller at home you can use for this project.
- FOR HOME & PROFESSIONAL USE – Made of high-quality acrylic which is a clear plastic that resembles glass but is much stronger and safer than glass – SET MEASURES approximately 13.5 L x 11.75 H x 8.75 W
- BEAUTIFULLY DISPLAY & ORGANIZE – Makeup and brushes fit all in one place- Drawers are perfect for storing lipsticks, foundations, bronzers, blushes, eye shadows, primers, powders, perfumes, and much more – Great gift for any makeup lover
- INTERLOCKING & DETACHABLE – Storage case holds various beauty items in one place and fits on most dressers -FUNCTIONAL & CONVENIENT display case- Can also be used to store jewelry and personal accessories
- INCLUDES – 3 ORGANIZERS: Top organizer has 9 compartments-The 2nd organizer has 1 x-large column with one square scoop drawer and 1 x-large column with two square scoop drawers- The 3rd organizer has 1 x-large rectangular scoop drawer
- ACRYLIC COSMETIC & MAKEUP STORAGE X-LARGE SET – Set includes 3 individual organizers that are stacked to create your own personalized makeup and cosmetics beauty counter – INTERCHANGEABLE DESIGN allows you to change how it is stacked to fit your preference
3. Towel Rods
Attach some baskets and display your makeup in them. Got spare walls in your room? Go ahead and find some baskets around the house to use or purchase some for a cheap price. Attach some hooks and you’re all ready to create the next new makeup trick!
- HIGH QUALITY MATERIAL & WATERPROOF – This Cylinder Bucket With Drawstring Closure make-up accessories barrel shaped round base pouch comes with a high quality polyester fabric material & foldable material provides water resistance. Colour may vary.
- PORTABLE AND LIGHTWEIGHT – This medium size collapsible cosmetic traveling set is compact and ultralight, making it useful when go hiking & gym workout, camping and outdoor activities & weight about 100g.
- MULTIPLE MESH POCKETS – The leakproof make up case comes with multiple compartments pockets to keep brushes and makeup items intact best when traveling overnight & with draw string top preventing leakage for your makeup items.
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL KIT – The washable bathroom toiletries folding tote for girls and women has large capacity to put all toiletry items together in your backpack.
- SANITARY NAPKIN POUCH – These extra 2 sets sanitary nylon canvas pads pouch are super cute, great quality and made of cotton, very comfortable, easily put inside the cosmetic bag when travel.
4. DIY Storage Box Makeup Organizer
Avoid throwing away old storage boxes since they can still be repurposed into cute makeup organizers. Got some old storage boxes lying around? Instead of getting rid of them, why not try this project so you can save money plus have a nice space for your favorite makeup stash.
- Clear Cosmetics Makeup and Jewelry Storage Organizer Case matches any decor!
- Removable black mesh padding keeps jewelry protected
- Completely removable drawers slide out smoothly, Organizes all jewelry and cosmetics in one place.
- Approximate Cosmetics Makeup Storage Organizer Drawer Dimensions: 11 1/4″ x 9 1/2″ x 6 1/4″
- BRAND: SODYNEE, THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE & WARRANTY
5. Copper Cups
Add some flair to dollar store cups by painting them in gorgeous copper. You can mount them or just display them on the counter. If you prefer to mount the cups, attaching them to a wood pallet is a great idea.
- Set of 3 with 6+, 4+ and 2+ quarts of storage with each size
- Copper’s inherent antimicrobial, antibacterial and antifungal properties make these containers your best choice for a naturally clean kitchen
- Great for snacks, flours, grains, cereals, sugar and COOKIES
- Heavy gauge, Pure copper from 100% recycled sources for a healthier Environment
- Unique style and superior quality, our equipment gives beautiful service that lasts for generations
6. Paper Towel Holder Organizer
Don’t let paper towel holders go to waste by repurposing them as makeup organizers. There are so many things you can do with these holders. Store your makeup brushes, liquid lipsticks, lip glosses, nail cleaning tools, nail polish, and whatever you need.
7. Makeup Drawer
Dedicate one of your drawers as the makeup drawer and go one step further by adding DIY organizers such as used canisters. You can also cut up vacant shoeboxes and rummage through your extra office supplies to create the perfect DIY drawer organizer for all your smaller makeup products, like liner, sponges, and single eyeshadow shades.
8. Wire Baskets
These gorgeous wire baskets are the perfect makeup storage for makeup palettes. Although often used for storing books, magazines, and other things which need to be stored and displayed at the same time, these two-tiered baskets can protect your precious palettes really well.
- Size: Approx. 24.5 x 16 x 6.5 cm / 9.6 x 6.3 x 2.6 inch (L x W x H).
- High qulity iron, more stable and durable.
- Rose gold surface, which appears to have high-end grade.
- Fit for various occasions: like your office desk, bathroom, bedroom or kitchen.
- You can use it to hold your makeup brush, essential oil,cosmetics, ornaments，sunglass,draw pens etc.
9. Magnetic Makeup Boards
Turn an old picture frame into a makeup display by attaching it to a magnetic board. This will save you a lot of counter space and will even give your room an added makeup presentation decor. Plus, you can easily pick up and put back the makeup product you’re using.
- Disc magnet shape, machined silver steel finish. durable lasting shine, perfect for refrigerator magnets, office magnets, whiteboard magnet, & dry erase board magnet. One magnet can hold up to 12 papers.
- Say Goodbye to scratches and clutter as they are past and hello to your new tableTops Robust, long-lasting, stainless steel, corrosion resistant Magnets made from Brushed Nickle silver satin material.
- Countless ways to re-organize and simplify your life. Organize your tools, make-up, jewelry, kitchen, office, school, classroom. There’s so many ways to use magnets
- Durability – magnets have high resistance to demagnetization, corrosion and oxidation
- Click on the Add to Cart and lets get Sticking.
10. Repurposed Candle Jars
Candle jars are perfect for stacking your lipsticks and glosses. They also provide easy access for easier touch-ups. Pull out your favorite shade without messing up the entire arrangement. Stack them together like what you see above or place them next to one another.
- Our candles are set in a 14 oz. repurposed glass jar
- Made in the USA
- Hand-poured in the South
- 60-80 hour burn time
- All Natural Soy Wax
11. Wall Mount Lipstick Organizer
Get a couple of PVC pipes, cut them up, and voila, you’ll have your own wall mount lipstick organizer. Your walls are the most underutilized part of the house and hanging your organizer makes an excellent alternative to having standard pictures frames.
12. DIY Hanging Organizer
Maximize the wasted space behind your door with this hanging organizer. Its compartments are perfect for organizing your makeup and skincare products. Make sure to segregate your makeup supplies in each compartment to avoid clutter.
13. Rolling Cart
This mobile storage offers plenty of room and will be perfect if you’re planning to do your makeup in different makeup rooms. It’s actually very space-efficient and can be used to store both your makeup, hair care, and skincare products. You can even use it as your jewelry organizer. Wherever you go, just roll it with you!
Beauty products we buy are an investment. It’s the primary reason why we should give our skincare and makeup products the TLC it deserves. Makeup organizers can get pretty pricey which is why we will need to put our hands to work and put A+ effort into making DIY makeup organizers. Turn old and unused things into something useful. Repurpose and recycle ladies, it’s good for the environment too! Truth be told, with some patience and creativity, you’ll successfully make these cool DIY makeup organizer projects in no time.
Do you have other DIY makeup organizer ideas? Share them with us in the comments section below!
Check out our new store Scrumptious for makeup products, clothes, accessories and more!
Editor’s Note – This post was originally published on June 23, 2017 and has been updated for quality and relevancy.